This position serves as the primary resource person in matters of infection control for the organization. This includes developing and monitoring performance improvement activities, surveillance for healthcare-acquired infections, reportable diseases, employee/occupational health and safety, participating in the design, collection, analysis and presentation of data and promoting regulatory and accreditation compliance.
- Develops and implements infection control policies, procedures and interventions. Collects and performs statistical analysis of nosocomial infection data. Coordinates the annual review, revision and evaluation of the organization’s Infection Control Plan.
- Serves as liaison between MCMC and public health agencies including State Public Health Agencies. Ensures timely reporting of all mandated data to the appropriate agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements relative to departmental operations/accreditation. Monitors and/or participates in research relevant to infection control.
- Provides project coordination and support in the planning and implementation for appropriate infection control programs and activities.
- Provides analysis, problem-solving, and project/task coordination/completion throughout the planning, discussion, communication and implementation activities related to infection control information.
- Identifies problems and issues and brings topics and potential solutions forward and facilitates discussions as needed.
- Leads the Infection Control Committee and actively participates in other committees as assigned.
- Participates on multidisciplinary teams/groups in identifying issues and facilitates problem solving.