Mid-Columbia Medical Center Outpatient Clinics is seeking a Community Care Coordinator / Community Health Worker.
This is a part time core position scheduled a minimum of 20 hours per week and is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package OR a 13% pay differential.
The Community Care Coordinator will be responsible for guiding the patient through the healthcare system working to overcome obstacles that are in the way of the patient obtaining the care and treatment they require. The Community Care Coordinator works closely within MCMC's inpatient and outpatient care teams as well as alongside other Community Care Coordinators from organizations both in and out of the Bridges to Health Pathways Program. The Community Care Coordinator will assist with patient care plan implementation by identifying and referring patients to various health and social programs; facilitating communication between patients/families and the healthcare team to ensure patient satisfaction and quality of care. Works both independently and collaboratively as part of the medical practice team. Key services include (but are not limited to) problem-solving; access to insurance; access to medications; referrals to community resources,education, and leading educational groups. Performs related work as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Successful completion of a Community Health Worker formal training program and Oregon State certification is preferred. Otherwise, a commitment to completion of such program within 6 months is
required. Equivalent job experience, training, certifications or licenses will also be considered.
• Clinical experience requirements include a minimum of two years of experience in a health related field.
• Demonstrated ability of positive interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, patients, families, physicians and the community.
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• Requires knowledge of local community resources.
• Experience with using every data technology tools (e.g., email, spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, voicemail, internet/intranet to access, organize and store job-related information).