Minimum Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications):
- College certificate or associate’s degree in exercise science, health/wellness, fitness, recreation, or a related field required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Certification as an Exercise Specialist, Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist, and/or Post-Rehabilitation Specialist from a NCAA-accredited organization, such as ACE, ASM, NASM, NSCA, PTA etc. License as a PTA, COTA, or other licensed providers within rehabilitation may apply.
- Current AED/CPR certification.
- One year’s experience in cardiopulmonary exercise or rehabilitation programs.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to conduct orientation programs utilizing the different learning concepts.
- Knowledgeable and competent in designing and implementing personalized exercise/fitness programs for users.
- Perform CPR or lifesaving measures if needed.
- Competent to perform, administer and interpret individual fitness assessments: cardiopulmonary status, conducting and interpreting ECG’s at rest and during exercise, sub VO2max, 1 RM, body fat measurements, strength and flexibility measurements.
- Competent in identifying the patients need for further evaluation or treatment from a licensed medical professional.
- Competent to maintain clients records in accordance with accepted program standards and requirements of regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge of related anatomy, pathology and biometrics of common medical conditions and how they respond to exercise.
- In-depth knowledge of fitness equipment on floor.